Windows x86-64 platform
1. Download HATSEQ and the MCRinstaller file on the download page. 2. Run the executable (HATSEQ_MCRinstaller.exe) and install the MATLAB Compiler Runtime. 3. If you do not use the default installation-path for the MCR directory as shown below, you need to set the environment variable by using DOS or alternately Windows. For instructions go to Configuration.
Follow the underneath installation steps to install the MCRinstaller:
MAC OS X platform - run from zip file
1. Download HATSEQ for MAC with or without the MCRinstaller on the download page.
2. Open an terminal and navigate to the download directory: > cd $HOME/Downloads/
3. Unzip the archieve by using your preferred unarchiver or issue the command in the terminal: > unzip HATSEQmac_pkg.zip
4. If this is your first installation, you need to install MCRinstaller by clicking on "InstallForMacOSX" or by issuing the command in the terminal: > cd MCRInstaller > ./install Follow the instructions on screen and choose the default installation path or remember the path. You will need it in the next step.
5. Startup HATSEQ bij clicking on: HATSEQmac_click_to_startup HATSEQ should start now if you used the above mentioned installation-path for MCRinstaller
6. Alternatively you can start HATSEQ using the terminal: >./run_HATSEQ_unix.sh <installation Path MCRinstaller>/<version>/
Example: If you have installed the MCRinstaller in the default directory, run the shell script as following: > ./run_HATSEQmac.sh /Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Compiler_Runtime/v717/ Use the <tab> key during typing in the terminal to autofill the path-name
UNIX x86-64 platform
1. Download HATSEQ and the MCRinstaller file on the download page.
2. Once downloaded and the file is located at the desired directory, the HATSEQ file needs to be unzipped unzip HATSEQunix_pkg.zip
3. Enter the unzipped directory by issuing the command: cd HATSEQunix_pkg
4. This directory contains both the MCRinstaller and the HATSEQ run file.
5. In order to get HATSEQ running, we need to install the MCRinstaller once. Install the MATLAB Compiler Runtime with the following command: ./MCRInstaller.bin -is:extract ./MCRInstaller.bin -console
This will result in the following screen, choose your destination directory for installation.
6. Go to the HATSEQ directory cd HATSEQunix_pkg
7. Startup HATSEQ bij het command: ./run_HATSEQ_unix.sh <installation Path MCRinstaller>/<version>/
tip: Use the <tab> key during typing in the terminal to autofill the path-name